Infosys Placement Papers
1) A, B, C, D, E related. 4 of them made these statements each. i) C is my son in law s brother. ii) B is my father s brother. iii) E is my mother in law. iv) A is my brother s wife. Who made these statements? (Person mentioned is one of A, B, C, D, E)(10 marks).
2) Complete the table. Played won lost draw goals for against A 2 2 1 B 2 1 2 4 C 2 3 7 A, B, C are 3 hockey teams (2 marks).
3) A says Party was held on: Thursday, May 8th. B says Party was held on: Tuesday, May 10th. C says party was held on: Friday, June 8th. Given April 1st was Tuesday. One of A, B, C says 1 correct. One says 1 wrong. And one was completely wrong of date, Month and day. Find the Day the party held. (5marks).
4) A ship is away from the shore by 180 miles. A plane is travelling at 10 time’s speed of the ship. How long from the shore will they meet? (2marks)
5) Every station in N railroad issues every other stations ticket. Some stations are added. Now they have to issue 46 more tickets. Say the Number of stations after and before added (5 marks).
6) 3 persons say these statements. A says either Democratic or liberal wins the elections. B says neither democratic nor liberal wins the election. Of these only one is wrong. Who wins the election? (5 marks).
7) A clock showing 6 o clocks takes 30 secs to strike 6 times. How long will it take to strike 12 at midnight?
Ans.66 secs. (2marks)
8.Only boys aged > 16 wear coats. Boys aged > 15 go to watch football. Some more statements are given. What can be said about those who are watching football? (Age and costume) (5 marks).
9) There are 3 societies A, B, C having some tractors each. A Gives B and C as many tractors as they already have. After some days B gives A and C as many tractors as they have. After some days C gives A and B as many tractors as they have. Finally each has 24 tractors. What is the original Number of tractors each had in the beginning?
Ans. A ?39. B? 21. C? 12.(7 marks).
10. Given a cube, with different colors on its faces, and then is cut into 64 pieces, and the questions relate to the colors of different colored small cubes.
11. Draw a venn diagram for 3 items: white, flowers, cloth
Ans: draw 3 circles each intersecting the other, with white kept in the middle.
APTITUDE AND REASONING QUESTIONS
1. IF rose code as 6786 hot coded as 879 then search will code a sin this q there is one no. is assigned t each letter. So take search and letter by letter see the given condition…
2.600, 180, 54………..complete the series.
3. sedane :pain :: solace:……..
4. Play: director: news….
5. River: dam: traffic…
6. Find the greatest number (a) half 50% of 50 (b) 3 times 40% of 40 see the option & place 3times 40% of 40….
7. Find the compound interest of Rs 1000. At the rate of 5% p.a. for 15 years….
8. Find the greatest of 1000 power of 1000, 1001 power of 999…
9. Product of two numbers is cost. If one number is increased by 50% then other number is decreased how much….
10. l.c.m & h.c.f of two numbers is 84 & 21 respectively and the ratio of these two numbers is 1:4. Find the greatest no…
11. If x is 90% of y then y is how much % of x….
12. The cost of 15 apples & 20 mangoes is much as equal to the 15 mangoes & 20 apples then what is the relation between their costs…
13. There are 20 men and 5 women then how much maximum couple can be made…..
14. A bag contains 8 white and 6 black balls find the problem of drawing a white ball….
15. If numerator is less than 2 by denominator and then if 1 is subtract from the numerator and
1 is added to the denominator then the ratio becomes half what is the no…..
16. If a certain money becomes twice in 5 years then the Rs300 will become 2400 at the same rate in how many years……..
17. If the average of three numbers is 135 and the difference between others is 25 then find the lowest number…
18. If the thrice of three consecutive odd numbers is equal to the more three of twice the last no. then find the 3rd (largest odd no)….
19. There are 5 questions in each of the two sections. Three questions must be attempt for passing the exam how many ways a student will choose the questions…
20. If the length of the rectangle is decreased by 4 and breath is increased by 3.then it becomes square whose areas are equal to that of rectangle. What is the perimeter of the original rectangle…
21. There is a hemisphere of radius of 2 cm how much liter will be occupied in the hemisphere… given 1 liter= 1000 cubic cm…
22. There is a water tank which has enough water to be consumed in 60 days. If there is leakage water stays there for 40 days. If there are more similar leakage then how long water will consumed…
23. A man saves money 1000 in each year. And he gives this amount at the end of year for the compound interest at the rate of 5% how much he will save after 25 years…
In this section a question was given followed by 2 statements…
1) If the first statement alone was enough to answer the question
2) If the second statement alone was enough to answer the question
3) If the both the statements were required to answer the question
4) If the question could not be answered using both the statements
5) If either statement alone was sufficient to answer the question A. little practice (especially in problems related to maths equations, ages, relations, comparison) from RS Aggarwal Verbal and Non Verbal will help you a lot. 5 such questions were given…
6) Another Puzzle kind of question.. It was damn easy… it was likeMR.natwarlal, a thief, steals only on the first day of every month of first quarter of year (that means on 1st jan, 1st feb, 1st march).. This time he wanted a computer, So he steals different parts from different persons.
But he has only 3 tools to use like a screwdriver, wire cutter, knife AND uses them only once. He steals monitor keyboard and printer..In Jan he steals monitor from A, but do not uses the wire cutter.. Next month he uses KNIFE to steal printer..And March was unlucky for C… And questions were like
1. Which tool he uses for stealing monitor.(ans: screwdriver)
2. Which component was stolen from C (ans: key board)
3. Which month was unlucky for B( ans:feb, as A, C were robbed in jan and march) (REST TWO I don’t remember)
In this section about 4 statements were given in each questions (like all, some,not)
It was more like…
A) ALL BIRDS ARE CATS
B) SOME CATS ARE CRAZY
C)SOME DOGS ARE BIRDS
D) BIRDS ARE CRAZY
2. Which of these FORM pair so that the conclusion can be derived from them?
1) AB 2) BC 3)CD 4)AD